Digital Communications Student Staff
About this Job
UC Riverside Sustainability works to make campus life and operations environmentally friendly through different initiatives and policies. The areas covered by UC Riverside Sustainability include: Green Building Design, Clean Energy, Climate Protection, Sustainable Transportation, Sustainable Building Operations, Zero Waste, Sustainable Procurement, Sustainable Food Services, Sustainable Water Systems, Environmental Justice and Academic Initiatives. This position would assist with the office's digital communication efforts to the campus and community.
- Update and maintain the current website with information, events, blog post, and resources.
- Work with office staff to create digital media for the office’s programs, events and initiatives.
- Create and distribute monthly newsletters with relevant information on office programs and opportunities.
- Manage social media platforms to promote office events, programs, and initiatives.
- Create & post photos and videos online using office camera equipment.
- Enhancing and maintaining a strong online presence.
- Work with staff and stakeholders to create engagement material that will grow our online reach
- Actively participate in transitioning office engagement efforts to online platforms in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Experience with photo, podcast, and video production and editing (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Experience using graphic design programs (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.).
- Knowledge of website content management, especially Drupal.
- Ability to communicate articulately and professionally.
- Experience with Mailchimp and Listserves.
- Familiarity with creating and managing social media accounts.