Employee Sustainability Ambassador Program (ESAP)
The Employee Sustainability Ambassador Program (ESAP) aims to create an opportunity for employees to receive sustainability updates, discuss sustainability issues and raise questions about sustainability at UC Riverside and the community. The sustainable practices discussion areas include Green Building Design, Clean Energy, Sustainable Transportation, Climate Protection, Sustainable Building & Laboratory Operations, Zero Waste, Sustainable Procurement, Sustainable Foodservices, Sustainable Water Systems, Environmental Justice and Academic Sustainability. The discussion levels will focus on home, office, campus, city, state or a combination sustainability levels. Ambassadors also get to interact with guest speakers and decision makers who influence sustainability at UC Riverside and the community.
To enhance a culture of sustainability amongst employees at UC Riverside.
- To host networking sessions for staff and faculty to receive campus and community sustainability updates
- To provide an opportunity for staff and faculty to discuss and raise concerns about sustainability issues at UC Riverside.
- To provide sustainability orientation training to ambassadors on how to influence sustainability choices in their departments and homes.
- To create education & outreach materials for sustainability ambassadors to share with colleagues in the workplace.
- Increase sustainability awareness among staff and faculty to enhance sustainability in the workplace, on commute and at home.
Information for Ambassadors
Why Should You Join?
ESAP benefits include the following:
- The opportunity to meet like-minded sustainability colleagues to discuss sustainability updates, issues and concerns at UC Riverside and the community.
- The opportunity to meet and interact with decision makers who influence sustainability at UC Riverside, the City of Riverside and the County of Riverside.
- Eligible members can apply for certificates after fulfilling set minimum requirements.
- Provision of information, tools and resources to a sustainable lifestyle.
- Outstanding members will be recognized in the Annual Sustainability Awards.
- Recognition for outstanding members through our social media channels, newsletter and website.
- Participating employees will receive Office of Sustainability swag when available.
The following will be required of Employee Sustainability Ambassadors:
- Attend a 30-45-minute orientation training session hosted by ESAP.
- Attend scheduled meetings (read zoom sessions during COVID-19).
- Actively participate in discussions about sustainability topics, updates and issues.
- Share provided education and outreach materials with their departmental colleagues through social media, discussion boards and newsletters.
- Share any challenges or issues arising with other ambassadors and ESAP coordinators.
- Promote sustainability in events held by their respective departments. This could include prioritizing the Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Compost principles of Zero Waste.
- Ambassadors to act as liaisons between the Sustainability Office and their departments.
ESAP Outreach Material Samples
Due to the unprecedented circumstances brought about by COVID-19, no in person meetings will be organized until it's safe to return to campus. In lieu of in person meetings, ESAP will organize zoom calls and utilize zoom break out rooms to encourage discussions.
Event Description Projected Date Complete Feasibility Survey October 2020 Oriention Training Session October 2020 1st Meeting November 2020 2nd Meeting January 2021 3rd Meeting March 2021 4th Meeting May 2021
Foundations of ESAP
|Encourage||Encourage a forum of discussions amongst UC Riverside employees in addition to inviting expert guest speakers.|
|Share||Share prepared educational and outreach materials with ambassadors to disseminate to their departmental colleagues.|
|Attend||Attend meeting sessions (Zoom sessions during COVID-19) to learn and discuss sustainability issues and concerns.|
|Provide||Provide regular sustainability updates, knowledge, and awareness of sustainability issues at UC Riverside.|